AmigaActive (1079/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:14 May 2000 at 14:03:25
Subject:Re: PFS2 - 3 Upgrade (Long)

Don Cox said,

> On 14-May-00, Neil Bothwick wrote:

>> That's one advantage, the main one is the sheer speed. I installed
>> Pagestream4 onto a FFS Zip disk yesterday. It took well over a minute
>> to load :(

> FFS on Zip disks is incredibly slow. Nowadays I leave mine on PC format.

It's an extreme example, but timely because I was only doing it a few
hours before. Even on HD, FFS is a *lot* slower than PFS. Unless you run
unstable software, the speed is more often an advantage than the
crash-resistance.

The person that runs PFS so it doesn't hurt when their applications
crash probably drives a Volvo.

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

This message has been cruelly tested on sweet little furry animals.

CLICK HERE AND START SAVING ON LONG DISTANCE BILLS TODAY!